This course is NOT designed to be completed in a specific order. You may find that you already understand a certain concept; you don’t need to complete every item. Most people do the course in the following order: Roots, Trunk, and then Branches. Others find that a different order is helpful.
You can use our support group on Facebook after requesting access.
You have just embarked on an amazing adventure to improve yourself, your family, and your world.
The process of change that happens while learning throughout this course will be like growing a tree. Some lessons will strengthen your foundation, like roots strengthen a tree. Some will stabilize your family, like the trunk stabilizes a tree. Other lessons concentrate on skill development, and teaching styles that reach out to fulfill our true purpose, like branches.
- In the roots of the family we find our strength for moving forward. The roots area of learning is where we find the deep vision and mission for our lives. The roots feed the family and help to give us purpose. In this section you create a family vision, a family mission, and a family standard to plant the roots unity in your home.
- The trunk the heart of the tree where the branches of behavior grow out. In this section we learn how to create the structure in the home with meetings and deliberate communication: The Family Meeting, The Couple’s Meeting, and Mentor Meetings with the child(ren).
- The branches of the tree are like the behaviors we exhibit, the ever-changing thoughts we have, or the language we speak. In this section we will learn the language of Teaching Self-Government and get acclimated to this new environment.
The work you choose to devote to the three sections of the tree will determine how well the fruit grow. Without all three parts, your tree will not bear fruit. We encourage you to be a diligent student and work to grow your tree a little bit every day! By doing so, you will achieve the victory (the fruit) you hope to harvest: a joyful family and a peaceful home.
We encourage you to follow the next steps to begin growing your tree:
- Watch the introduction video at the top of this page if you haven’t already.
- Take it one day at a time. Commit yourself to progression rather than perfection. Don’t expect behavioral perfection in one topic area before moving on to the next topic.
- Apply: Do the best you can to actually do the quizzes and assignments. Your ability to apply what you learn is like a muscle; it will grow stronger the more you use it. The better you apply your learning, the faster you will absorb it into your heart and character.