My friend recently posted a picture of her family on a hike. The children were laughing and having a great time. I was instantly inspired to do a fun activity with my family. I thought, “Hiking is a great idea! We should plan a time to go on a family hike.” My friend was capturing …
One night, many years ago, I was faced with a decision. Should I write my daily blog, or should I sit in my daughter’s room telling exciting stories to my children? We had friends in town staying with us, and it was a tradition in our home that when friends come to stay, I gather them together and tell them one of my famous choose-your-own-ending type stories. The children were all very excited for storytime. I couldn’t let them down by choosing to write my blog post instead of spending time with the children. Then the thought hit me, “Wait a minute! I’m trying to decide between writing a blog vs. spending time with the children?? How could I even consider letting them down! Why would I ever choose to lose this time with my children just because I didn’t take the time earlier in the day to write my blog?”
This call covers:
- Having trouble teaching my children and doing SODAS
- My son hates anything to do with hygiene. Help!
- My daughter will follow an instruction, but pouts and whines while she does. What do I do there?
- We have an adult child in the home who is making decisions that aren’t within our family standard. What do we do there?
- New Sunday school teacher for age 7 and they haveenergy.How do I help them not be distracted by one person?