Bethany, a troubled parent, recently shared a shocking story that all too often illustrates what parents nowadays are dealing with: “After we caught our 11-year-old son sending pornographic photos of himself to strangers on Snapchat, we took his phone away. We told him he could have it back in a couple of weeks, but that …
“He’s not breathing really well, and they tell us he’ll likely die in a day or two…” a mother was explaining to a group of adults about her father-in-law, and her young son’s grandpa. Her son was sitting in an adjacent room with his good friend, but he wasn’t playing as his mother likely thought …
This call covers:
- Halloween thoughts
- Booklist to teach self-government and character to children
- Learning how to manage time
- Child roles and picky eaters
- Pokémon cards and other card games
- Role of the spouse
This call covers:
- Sometimes people ask my opinion about parenting. Most of the time they just want a “quick fix.” What can I tell them?
- “Work is the antidote for a sick character.” What if all you do is work? Then, isplaythe antidote?
- Son is 13 and in puberty, but he shows no empathy for others around him. How can that be fixed?
- 4-year-old daughter is picky about clothes and won’t wear anything she doesn’t like. This gets expensive and frustrating. What to do?
- I have a 16-month-old granddaughter who loves to get into things. She doesn’t like no answers. How can I help her accept no answers at such a young age?
This call covers:
- “McFarland USA” and character and strength.
- I need ideas for what to do in the summer months when it’s too hot to go outside to play (AZ).Also, my 11 year-old son is constantly reading and avoiding people and social situations, just like his dad. He has no friends and he reads things that aren’t necessarily of use. What do I do?
- I’ve found out that my 9 year-old son has been swearing at school, but when I ask him if he has, he denies it strongly. How do I help him see that this is wrong?
- I’m trying to help my 5 year-old son understand natural and synthetic consequences and roles.
- I’m having a hard time finding the right medication for my 7 year-old ADHD daughter. What she’s on now seems to be helping at school, but not at home. Suggestions?
So far, we have learned four of the five characteristics of “Becoming A Joyful Adult.” Now we get to learn about the fifth, being: Character. It is who we are. Character is one of my favorite words described in Webster’s 1828 Dictionary. It says character is: “…the peculiar qualities, impressed by nature or habit on …
Nicholeen shares 3 Tips.
Tip 1: Talks about how to help those who are feeling overwhelmed with life or feel anxiety about whether their communication is received properly. (This includes: mothering, parenting, homeschooling, etc.)
Tip 2: Talks about vision and how we achieve becoming who we want to be come or what mission we want to obtain.
Tip 3: Talks about capacity and how to get everything accomplished.
- I’m having major issues with my 12 year old son. I don’t want to seem him, he is extremely out of control and acting like he is 7 years old. What do I do?
- Will I have access to this program and material after the initial 10-12 weeks? The support calls are monthly subscription to continue. But you will still have access to the information on the Implementation course. (Updated as of summer 2014)
- I’ve been struggling with our 20 year vision for our family since I first heard you talk. How do I make and achieve this?
- What does a Time-out look like for little children as compared to the Rule of 3?
- How is Teaching Self Government different from Love and Logic (giving choices)?
- My 3 year old threw a trantrum and I had to take him into the hallway and leave my other children inside by themselves, what do you recommend for this type of situation?
- I am struggling with distractions while trying to run the household and a homeschool. How do I know if am being successful?
- Nicholeen recommends balancing and prioritizing. Top 6 Priorities