It is traditional in western culture to pause for a moment each New Year and write resolutions for the upcoming twelve months. I have always done this, but I have to admit that some years I haven’t really felt like the process was really worth it. I mean, I have thought hard about what I …
“Mom! Mom! Mom!” said a boy at the swimming pool one day. The boy’s mother didn’t answer back. She was busy setting up her pool chair. “Mom! Can you get me my swim noodle? Mom?” the boy repeated. The mother still said nothing. The anxiety was obviously building in the boy. Soon, the mother was …
I am not a stress out type person. My part ‘yellow’ personality usually keeps me rather laid back and happy no matter what troubles come my way. This has been a blessing many times in my life. But, I can feel stress, and sometimes I do. Here is my story of how I conquered the worse case of stress I have had.
Stress And Anxiety Symptoms
“…Everyone is selling something,” I said as I talked to a young girl one evening.
Her mother had just made a comment about how the outfit the girl was wearing was “too revealing” and so she would need to go change it. The fifteen year old girltilted her hip and rolled her eyes as she smirked at her mom. This smile meant, “I don’t care what you say.
“Mom, I’m going to go to Zack’s to play basketball. Is that okay?” Quinton, age fifteen, announced this morning.
I replied, “Quin, you have things to do here at home today, so I don’t think we will have time for friends until another day.”
Quin really wanted to go shoot hoops with his friend. What fifteen year old boy doesn’t?
Nicholeen shares 3 Tips.
Tip 1: Talks about how to help those who are feeling overwhelmed with life or feel anxiety about whether their communication is received properly. (This includes: mothering, parenting, homeschooling, etc.)
Tip 2: Talks about vision and how we achieve becoming who we want to be come or what mission we want to obtain.
Tip 3: Talks about capacity and how to get everything accomplished.
- I’m having major issues with my 12 year old son. I don’t want to seem him, he is extremely out of control and acting like he is 7 years old. What do I do?
- Will I have access to this program and material after the initial 10-12 weeks? The support calls are monthly subscription to continue. But you will still have access to the information on the Implementation course. (Updated as of summer 2014)
- I’ve been struggling with our 20 year vision for our family since I first heard you talk. How do I make and achieve this?
- What does a Time-out look like for little children as compared to the Rule of 3?
- How is Teaching Self Government different from Love and Logic (giving choices)?
- My 3 year old threw a trantrum and I had to take him into the hallway and leave my other children inside by themselves, what do you recommend for this type of situation?
- I am struggling with distractions while trying to run the household and a homeschool. How do I know if am being successful?
- Nicholeen recommends balancing and prioritizing. Top 6 Priorities
How often do you pick up the slack for your children? Do you ask them to do a task and then later fix it or finish it for them? What do you do when you realize the task wasn’t done? Most parents just do it themselves with the attitude that if they want something done right, they have to do it themselves.
My children have started a fun new game this Summer thanks to a very creative friend. They play camping. Their friend found lots of old odds and ends around the house and garage and loaded them into his wagon and brought them over to play. The children loved it so much, they play it every …
You use the word “criticism” often when you’re talking about corrective teaching…That word however, has a very negative connotation to me, and each time I hear you say it on your CD’s, I cringe inwardly… I listen to and read a lot of stuff on marriage and parenting, and the word “criticism” is always used as a negative term. It’s considered one of the 6 Love Busters in Harley’s book, Love Busters. John Gottman, in his books on marriage, includes it in “a set of particularly poisonous patterns of interaction [he calls] “the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse” that can
How do you help your children stand up for what’s right without being “preachy” or “goody-goody”?
The most importantskill you can teach your child is how to determine what is right and what is wrong and how to choose right and stay away from wrong. This is the whole reason children need parents. If my child can’t match his outfits, doesn’t know how to do mathematics well, never changes his bed sheets, ortalks with his mouth full, it doesn’t really matter at all if he has mastered how to discern between what is right and what is wrong and chooses to follow right.